What is the Construction Administration?
Is your design project created and approved? Are all your wishes taken into account? 3D visualization was made for you, and you really liked how your apartment will look like after renovation!?
Now, the most crucial moment has come – repair work has begun. A team of specialists led by an experienced foreman from New York has come to your house and now work is literally whirling.
In order to carry out everything strictly according to your intentions and the design, our company carries out the author’s supervision. This is a complex of special events that will ensure the exact implementation of architectural and stylistic, technological, constructional, and other technical solutions.
Do you need Construction Administration?
If you are not a professional builder or architect – definitely, YES! The subtleties of a huge variety of works on the site are simply unknown to a person far from the construction area. It is very disappointing when the flaws are discovered only when the cost of their correction is already scary, not when they could be intercepted on a “take-off”.
Secondly, during repairs (well known to those who have already gone through such an experience), a lot of questions arise concerning the widest field of problems that need to be solved on the spot, immediately and professionally. Without the experience, it is very difficult…
Finally, the third point. To really keep everything under control, you need to visit the site at least once or twice a week, not rarer. Only in this case, it is possible to say that the situation is controlled.
You decide whether you need the Construction Administration.
What services are included in the Construction Administration?
The work of the architect for architectural supervision:
- Continuous monitoring of the object
- Adjusting the design of the project at the request of the customer
- Adjusting the design of the project if an unforeseen replacement of individual materials or structural elements arise
- Current advising of builders and a customer.
- We conclude a contract for the author’s supervision
- Under the agreement with the customer and in accordance with the contract, 1-2 times per week (or one-time, when necessary) a designer, engineer, architect or manager visit the object to monitor the performed work
- We correct the working drawings for the changes made, and timely transfer them to the builders
- The results of each visit are recorded in the journal of the author’s supervision of the object and are reported to the customer.
More on the Construction Administration
The author’s supervision is one of the types of services provided to the Customer by the design organization. Implementation of the functions of the author’s supervision is a set of measures to ensure the compliance of architectural, stylistic, technological, construction, engineering, and other technical solutions of the object put into operation with the indicators provided for in the project documentation approved by the Customer. The author’s supervision is carried out for the entire period of construction – from the start of construction works to the delivery and commissioning of completed objects. The author’s supervision allows you to control the process of construction and to see that the result exactly matches the project, as well as helping in a timely manner to address current issues that inevitably arise at the customer and contractor(s).
The main document based on which the construction or reconstruction of the object is supervised is a contract for the author’s supervision between the Customer of the project (natural or legal person) and the project organization.
To conduct the author’s supervision, the specialists responsible for its implementation go to the object under construction or reconstruction in accordance with the schedule of the author’s supervision, or upon a call from the Customer or the construction contractor to check the quality of the construction and installation works, verify compliance with the production technology, decide on questions or clarify the details arising in the construction process.
- 3D Walkthrough and Flythrough Architectural Animation – How It Works - September 15, 2021
- 3D Architectural Animation Services - June 29, 2021
- Top reasons why an architect should engage in third-party agreements for their architectural renderings - May 11, 2021