3D modeling and visualization are widely used for prototyping of buildings and manufactured objects, for creating of volumetric 3D animations, for presentations, and during the production process of any product or packaging.
What is a 3D modeling and visualization?
3D modeling is the creation of the three-dimensional model of the object in the three-dimensional space using special modeling programs.
Modern technologies and computer programs allow creating the models of varying complexity and size, testing the created prototypes and making both technical and design changes in the model.
3D visualization is the creation of realistic images of the object based on the constructed three-dimensional model of it.
Modern 3D graphics allows creating the photo-realistic and beautiful visualization of various objects. Professional visualization of consumer goods is becoming more popular every day.
The 3D modeling services are required in the following cases:
• the need of 3D models for presentation of the product, good or any project,
• when there is a need to assess the characteristics and properties of the product,
• when it is necessary to visualize the non-existing object or existing, but intangible (the model of the atom, of a galaxy, and so on).
The fields of use of 3D modeling and visualization are:
• advertising and marketing – creating advertising layouts and outdoor advertising, development of packaging design, of exhibition stands, of POS-materials, etc.,
• urban planning – creating the layout of urban architecture and landscape,
• architecture – interior and exterior design,
• industry – production of prototypes of parts, spare parts, machinery, buildings, etc.,
• foundry – creating the reverse molds,
• computer games and animation – three-dimensional characters and animated videos,
• film industry – creating the realistic pictures and scenes that cannot be displayed using an ordinary camera or that do not exist,
• Internet – 3D models of products for online shopping,
• jewelry – modeling the existing and new jewelry and items made of precious metals and stones and other.
Stages of 3D modeling and visualization:
• Creating a three-dimensional geometric model,
• Overlaying the texture on the model,
• Creating a scenery of environment,
• Setting lighting: exposure of light, the level of brightness, and shadows,
• Setting up the camera, the choice of the best point of observation,
• Configuring additional effects,
• Processing of the received images in the graphic editors (like Adobe Photoshop, for example).
3D modeling software
In order to create a three-dimensional model of the product, 3D modelers and designers use the special 3D software – three-dimensional modeling programs. As of today, there is a large number of such programs: some of them are free, some are available only after purchase. All programs are similar, but have different interfaces and are used for various purposes:
• Autodesk 3ds max;
• Autodesk Maya;
• Autodesk Softimage;
• Autodesk Mudbox;
• Sweet Home 3D;
• Rhinoceros 3D;
• Cinema 4d;
• 3D-Coat (3D-Brush);
Working with Vrender Company, you will receive the following benefits of 3D modeling and visualization:
• a favorable ratio of price, time, and quality,
• the exact design based on the set drawings, sketches, photos or product samples,
• the possibility of making various changes to the model: the size, shape, parameters, design, and so on,
• the ability to refine the already existing 3D model (it is possible after the 3D scan),
• creating photorealistic images-visualizations with a high degree of credibility.
Vrender Company 2016.